Skytrans Uniform Design Competition for CIAF’s 10th Anniversary Celebration
CIAF and Skytrans are delighted to present an acquisitive art prize as part of our ongoing partnership, celebrating Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander distinctive art and culture. CIAF and Skytrans invite Queensland based Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists to submit a 2D work in any medium for the Skytrans Uniform Design Competition. The winning artwork will be incorporated into a newly designed Skytrans uniform.
The winning artist will be awarded the following:
- Acquisitive prize of $4,000 cash (plus licencing fee).
- Return flights to CIAF 2019 (Return flights to Cairns from anywhere on the Skytrans network).
- Double pass to CIAF Opening Night on Thursday 11 July 2019 valued at $130.
All shortlisted artworks will be exhibited during CIAF’s 10th anniversary, 12-14 July 2019.
Submissions open now until Friday 25 January 2019.
- Designs must be unique and original.
- Designs must incorporate or complement the Skytrans PMS colour (CMYK: 37, 100, 63, 49 or Pantone: 7421C)
- Participants are only allowed to submit one design, which is to be executed solely by the submitter.
- All submissions will be judged based on creativity and originality of work.
- Artwork must be a minimum size of 55cm x 75cm and maximum size of 90cm x 120cm.
- Artwork must be 2D.
- Applicants must submit original artwork for which they hold the copyright.
- Applicants must submit work not previously exhibited as part of an Art Prize or exhibition.
- Applicants must be aged 16+ years.
- Applicants must of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Island descent.
- Applicants must have cultural connection to Queensland
- Applicants must currently reside in Queensland.
- The artwork will not be changed, but may need to be cropped or resized in consultation with the artist.
- Artwork copyright remains with the artist.
- Artist will be given appropriate credit depending on application.
- Submissions open now until Friday 25 January 2019.
- Finalists notified and announced on by Friday 8 February 2019.
- Shortlisted of artworks on display during CIAF 2019, 12-14 July 2019.
- Complete the below form by Friday 25 January 2019.
- Images of artwork - a weblink to high resolution images. This will be used for assessing your application and may be used for promotional purposes. Please utilise a filename with the artist's full name to allow for easy identifcation.